Mow new lawn replace deck belt custom 7 garden tractor

Mow new lawn with an antique sears custom 7 garden tractor, and a bit about replacement mower deck belts. A Rockntv1 video of a 1968 custom 7 garden tractor and mower deck with replacement deck belt mowing the lawn. This is the first time this vintage garden tractor has cut grass in years. I try to explain and show how to change the belt on the shaft / gear driven mower deck. Very happy with the new lawn i seeded just last year, and very satisfied with the way this old garden tractor cuts grass.



I feel very lucky to have my 7 hp sears custom in a world of 25 hp ride on lawn mowers. I use almost no gas mowing with this tractor, or anything else i do with this tractor around the yard and garden. I am also extremely confident that my meagre restoration abilities will allow me to out work ANY sub 2000 dollar lawn tractor the big box stores offer today. As an added bonus i show you the mower deck replacement belt sizes on both the custom 7 deck, and the suburban ss15 with #917.253.151 mower deck.
For fun I tried to emulate the the photography in the original sears garden tractor catalogues. enjoy = Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This =